EX LIBRIS 2002
Special Guests/Authors: Barry Jones, Arnold Zable, Anna Lanyon, Cate Kennedy, Joan van Loon, Kerry Greenwood, Caroline Landon, Jim Young, Ken Bradshaw, Peter McFarlane, Ruth Hellier, John Rickard
- Opening with Author Kerry Greenwood, Community Centre, music by Mal Hill FREE;
- "Cafe Scheherazade" with Acland St. Author Arnold Zable. Arnold speaks about his life and reads from his books 'Cafe Scheherazade' and 'Jewels and Ashes'. Composer/musician George Dreyfus plays the bassoon to match the mood;
- "Murder at the Common School" with mystery writer Kerry Greenwood;
- Poetry readings - A Little Bit of Poetry. Readings from poets Ken Bradshaw and Peter McFarlane and an opportunity for anyone who has written a poem to read it
- Form, Flavour and Fragrance. Talented Photographer Simon Griffiths and Author Christina Hindhaugh at Rugosa;
- Rare Book Auction;
- Comedy Debate - 'Literature, the most seductive, the most deceiving, the most dangerous of practices. Affirmative - Ruth Hellier, Arnold Zable, Rob Barfus. Negative - Cate Kennedy, Jim Young, John Rickard. Compere - Garry Lockett;
- "The Ghost and Mrs Muir" - ghost tours with Erica Muir;
- 'Chocolate and Cortes'. Author Anna Lanyon and Poet Cate Kennedy read from their works. Authentic Mexican-style hot chocolate or tea and coffee are available;
- The Australian Voice: Readings from the works of Alan Marshall;
- Barbara Cartland Hurl;
- Lunch with Jimmo. Stroll in for a bite to eat and a yarn with author Jim Young at the Cricket Club;
- Poetry Slam;
- Writer's Workshop;
- Book Launch by Barry Jones, 'Stone Music' by Author Lynne Strahan;
- Especially for Children. Joan van Loon, children's writer.
- Ex Libris dinner with guest speaker Barry Jones.
- Along "Jackson's Track". Take the journey with Author Caroline Landon and Pauline Mullet (whose family are featured in the book).
- Port Fairy Historic Town Walkathon.
To view the above pdf file, you will need Adobe Reader. To download, please click here.