Port Fairy's Ex Libris Book Fair goes from strength to strength. This year being its 10th anniversary, promises to be a special one.
It's all about books! Port Fairy's impressive Theatre will be packed with second-hand books for sale, with booksellers from all over the state. It's a bargain-hunter's paradise, and some real treasures may be
(planted and) unearthed.
Temper the madness of the treasure-hunting with some intimate encounters with our guest authors, artists and our ever-popular debating teams (wonderful door prizes included).
Full programme is now available HERE.
These are some of the highlights:
- Our featured author, Sonya Hartnett, has won one of the world's most lucrative writing prizes, the Astrid Lindgren Memorial award, and is shortlisted for The Age Book of the Year Award with her novel Butterfly. She will appear in conversation with Dmetri Kakmi, a Penguin editor, shortlisted for the NSW Premier's Literary Award for his memoir Mother Land. Their discussion will be freeform and lively as in a Paris Review interview.
- Bruce Pascoe, author and Koori commentator, will discuss his latest work set around Port Fairy.
- The annual comedy debate between two secondary school teams: this year's topic encompasses 'new' technology versus the 'old' book. The event, more comedy than heavy debate, is increasingly popular among the young and young-at-heart! Bonus feature: a seriously cool lucky door prize.
- Ex Libris will be hosting a variety of cartoonists including Robert Gott (creator of Naked Man). They will appear in discussion, their works will be on show, and there is a chance to win your own!
- The local literary scene will be well represented with author sessions, a book launch and book signings.
- Children will not miss out with activities and readings designed specifically for their entertainment.
Full programme now available for download. Check the Ex Libris website regularly to keep up-to-date with any changes.